A hotel employee in Tulum gets high on a guest's ketamine
A mistake cost the employee of the Akkuun hotel, who mixed up other people's substances. The images of the intoxicated employee went viral. When the foreigner returned to his room, he found the Akkuun hotel employee collapsed on the bed.
English tourist Nick Thomson, who was vacationing in the Mayan Riviera, and was staying at the Akkuun hotel in Tulum, entered his room after breakfast to find one of the employees of the facilities inert on the mattress. The hotel employee was in no ordinary state: his limbs were stiff, his eyes were disoriented, and he was unable to articulate words. He could not even stand up. He was drugged, completely immobilized under the effects of ketamine.
What had happened?
While Nick Thomson was having breakfast outside his room, the employee of the Akkuun hotel was cleaning up and found a bag containing an abundant white powder among the tourist's belongings. According to witnesses, and presumably, the hotel employee inhaled the powder believing it to be ecstasy.
The amount inhaled was such that the employee collapsed hopelessly. Nick Thomson photographed the event, and with a tinge of mockery, shared the scene on social networks, which went viral instantly. The user shared: "Only come back for breakfast to find the cleaner had found my bag of special k. Silly cunt must have thought it was cowie found him in a ket hole in the room".
Several users used the images of the paralyzed employee to create memes.
The Akkuumal hotel commented on the matter in its official networks, indicating that "the use and carrying of illegal substances are prohibited", and that the employee, once he recovered from his condition, was dismissed from his duties "due to the conduct presented, which violates our policies and values in its entirety". They also indicate that Nick Thomson and his companions were removed from the premises.
What is ketamine?
It is a fast-acting anesthetic used in humans (as a sedative in minor operations) as well as animals (as a tranquilizer). At high doses, it causes intoxication and hallucinations similar to LSD. Users may become nauseated or vomit, as well as develop problems with thinking or memory. At high doses, ketamine causes motor problems, body numbness, and slowed breathing. An overdose of ketamine can stop breathing and cause death.
What happened next?
According to local media, the hotel employee, once he was stabilized by doctors, was turned over to the authorities for using illegal substances and stealing from the guest. He was then handed over to the municipal jail. Although the hotel's press release states that Nick Thomson and his companions were evicted from the premises, no official media reports if the foreigner was also prosecuted or if he was charged with any crime for carrying illegal substances.
Some Twitter users comment that the fact that it was the tourist who originally had the drugs should not be lost. This is not the case, since in his social networks Thomson boasts that he owns a restaurant in the United Kingdom, and in his last publication, a couple of days ago, he shows that he is back in his country, oblivious to what happened in Mexico.