If you're a fan of spicy food, then pickled chiles in the marinade are the perfect recipe for you. This classic Mexican dish combines a variety of vegetables and spices in a tangy and flavorful marinade that will make your taste buds dance.
In this article, we'll go over everything you need to know about making pickled chiles in the marinade, from the ingredients to the preparation process. We'll also discuss some of the health benefits of this dish and how to store it for maximum freshness.
The first step in making pickled chiles in the marinade is to gather all the necessary ingredients. Here's what you'll need:
- 1 kilogram of cuaresmeños chiles in slices (do not remove the stalk)
- 1 kilogram of peeled and sliced carrots in almonds
- ½ kilogram of peeled garlic (the heads can be cut in halves)
- 1 kilogram of onions
- 1 kilogram of small fresh mushrooms
- 1 kilogram of sliced Italian zucchini
- ½ cauliflower florets
- 1 bunch of herbs (thyme, marjoram, bay leaf)
- 3 liters of white vinegar
- 1 liter of water
- 150 grams of grain salt (cooking salt)
- 125 milliliters of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cloves
- 100 milliliters of corn oil, sunflower, or safflower oil
Once you have all the ingredients, it's time to start preparing the pickled chiles in the marinade. Follow these steps:
- Heat the oil in a casserole and fry the ingredients one by one, starting with the carrots, then the garlic, and the onions. Fry them little by little, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Add the mushrooms, cauliflower, and zucchini, taking care not to overcook them. Season with a little salt to enhance the flavors.
- In another casserole, heat the liter of water with the salt. When the salt has dissolved, add the vinegar. Before the liquid boils, pour it over the fried vegetables, and turn off the fire.
- Add a bunch of herbs, black pepper, and cloves to the mixture.
- Let the mixture rest for 12 hours so that the vinegar and the cuaresmeños chiles are absorbed by the vegetables.
To store pickled chiles in the marinade, you can keep them in sterilized glass jars. Make sure to let the mixture cool down to room temperature before transferring it to the jars. You can store the pickled vegetables in the fridge for several weeks.
Pickled vegetables have several health benefits, including high fiber content and probiotics that promote good gut health. The vinegar used in the marinade has also been linked to lower blood sugar levels and improved digestion. Chiles are rich in vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C and potassium, which are essential for maintaining good health.
Pickled chiles in the marinade is a classic Mexican dish that combines a variety of vegetables and spices in a tangy and flavorful marinade. With the right ingredients and preparation, you can create a delicious and healthy dish that is perfect as a side dish, on sandwiches, or in a salad.
Not only are pickled chiles in the marinade a tasty dish, but it is also easy to prepare. The vegetables are fried first, and then the vinegar marinade is poured over them with herbs and spices. The dish can be stored in sterilized glass jars for several weeks in the fridge, making it a convenient snack or addition to any meal.