A two-story building that blends in with the surrounding structures is located behind the Juarez Theater. On its east side are the University of Tamaulipas offices, while on its west side, the State Museum of Archaeology, Anthropology, and History.
A wagon used by the Count of Sierra Gorda during the colonization of Tamaulipas, as well as his coat of arms cut into the stone, which was on the top of the main façade of his palace in the town of Santander, which is now Jimenez, are both on display here.
Governor Marte R. Gómez took the object from its original location and carried it to the nation's capital to be placed on the façade of the Victoria School, a large-scale piece of architecture in the Californian colonial style. Later, the coat of arms was saved for its worth to be shown in this area when the Museum was opened in 1957.
The tour also features priceless images from the family album of General Pedro José Méndez and two exquisite letters that shed light on the personalities of Tamaulipas leaders who did not need to create a myth to be remembered in history. The first is a letter from General Méndez himself to his wife, and the second is to his mother from General and professor Alberto Carrera Torres.
The value, defense, and assimilation of Mexican identity at the local, regional, and national levels are summarized in a color portrait of Don Alberto wearing leather from Tamaulipas, a garment he wore with pride and which here appears stylized with silver rings, an evident influence of the charro costume.