Travel agency fraud alert in Quintana Roo
According to a statement from Profeco, during the last few days, due to the increase in tourist arrivals during the holiday season, the Quintana Roo de la Profeco delegation has received national and foreign consumers, who have alleged frauds by travel agencies or companies. of the tourist sector. Reason for which, Profeco publishes a list of the main agencies with the highest number of complaints to this Attorney, which do not have physical addresses to be notified legally or have incorrect social reasons:
1. Escápate a la Riviera Maya
2. Victy Advanced Service
3. Mexican Caribe Travels
4.-Kaak Naab Transportadora Turistica
5.- Vacaciones Cancun y Viajes y Promociones Cancún
6. Experiencias Cancún Todo Incluido 0916
7. Vacaciones Caribe Maya
8. Operadora Caribe Ensueño Tour,
9. Corporativo Vacaciones a Todo México
10. Vacaciones Cancún y Viajes y Promociones Cancún
11. Ofertas Vacacionales
12. Caribe en Oferta
Also during the past days, it was detected that the company named "Hotel E-Motions & Beach Club" (supposedly located in Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo) commercializes hosting service without having facilities to provide the service. The affected consumers claim to have made payments of more than 7,000 pesos per night. It is important to mention that the travel agencies that commercialize this supposed hotel have been notified by phone in order to prevent a greater number of abuses by this company.
That is why the Federal Consumer Procurator's Office puts at your disposal the recommendations issued by the Ministry of Tourism to avoid false offers and unauthorized intrusions that deprive you of rights or result in deception:
1. Make your operation on the internet with an updated and protected equipment.
2. Use firewall.
3. Do not use third party equipment or open Wi-Fi networks.
4. Do not trust those ads that offer you exorbitant discounts.
5. Look for information regarding the offeror.
6. Corroborate the identity of the person offering the service, their address and telephone numbers; also, find out his reputation before making any contract.
7. Make sure of the service you are going to hire.
8. Before payment, verify that the site where you are browsing has a secure connection, that is, in the security status bar you will observe different icons that will let you know the degree of security of the site where you are.
9. Save all your online hiring.
10. In case of cancellation or non-compliance, the rules of traditional commerce will apply.
11. Visit the Commercial Bureau of Profeco. Which has information on the commercial behavior of suppliers of goods and services, which can be consulted information consisting of the number of complaints received, conciliation percentage, grievance reasons, sanctions imposed and adhesion contracts registered with Profeco . https://burocomercial.profeco.gob.mx/
12. Use the Consumer Phone. Profeco provides attention and provides advice to consumers so that they know their rights regarding consumption. Call 01 800 468 8722 or visit the link https://telefonodelconsumidor.gob.mx/.
This information can be consulted in detail in the electronic link https://www.gob.mx/sectur/articulos/atencion-turista-nacional-o-exnnnjero.