Pyrotechnics explode at Chinantla fair; six injured
Six injured is the balance of the explosion of pyrotechnics during the annual fair of Chinantla, occurred late yesterday night.
The events occurred when a spark fell on the pyrotechnics that was in a van, which caused an immediate explosion that injured people who were near the unit.
The injured, including a minor, were taken to the Acatlán hospital.
After the misfortune, the municipal authorities regretted what happened while they pointed out that on several occasions they were criticized for trying to apply the Civil Protection regulation for the benefit of the population.
"This regrettable echo would not have happened if the new civil protection regulations in our municipality were respected, unfortunately, we were criticized when putting civil protection regulations. Arguing that we want to remove the traditions which were not the case, it is simply to bring under civil protection regulations the appropriate form to make use of this activity to prevent this unfortunate echo ", wrote the Chinantla municipal president, Arturo Cruz in his Facebook account.